Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Still don't really know why I got myself a blog, but it's at least an easy way of getting oneself a homesite.

I'm more or less celebrating my first entire year on Linux sometime in this month. Not too sure exactly when though. I am planning to take my first steps into the *BSD world before September, and let Linux take over some of the space I've let Windows reside on. So, ~5 gb BSD, 40 gb Linux and 15 gb Windows.

As for the self-imposed deadline of posting the Bryatesle grammar with sample sentences before September, the growth on the vocabulary side is too slow for that to be realistic. Too bad about that. I'll release what I have though. Next release might be scheduled for October.

Recent things I've dealt with is:
- gapping in main clauses
- syntactic properties of quirky case subjects
- case inflection of indefinite pronouns
- adjectival morphology

I've also been thinking about what to do with coordination and nonsubjects, but I haven't come up with anything definite yet, except that either direct objects, or the object that ranks higher can be elided in coordinated constructions, but I am not sure. Also, that would force me to come up with an explicit transitivity marker, something I have preferred not to do, in order to leave the verbal morphology rather light.

No comments: